I wanted to comment on one of my favorite remarks about Globaloria thus far. A student was commenting that they asked me how to do something on the wiki and I replied "Google It." They then wanted to know what I was being paid for if I wasn't going to help. This is a great example of what you will learn in Globaloria. You must learn how to find answers on your own and utilize the resources that are available to you. I have watched as students come to school announcing how they figured out different aspects of creating a user page or blog. This is what it's all about. When you are given the answers, you don't feel the same sense of accomplishment that you gain when you work for something. This class is about helping you help yourselves. As I've mentioned before, when you leave high school your teachers won't be going with you and it's our responsibility to ensure that you can find the answers without us. You can do this, have faith in your own abilities.
As Albert Einstein once said,: It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Very well said!!!
ReplyDelete